Tuesday 28 June 2011

Indian Student subjected to racism in Germany

As told by the victim Dr. Rajamohan Durai:

In 1974 I applied to take the Hauptdiplom examination. A month before the exam I had an attack of writer’s cramps and I could not write. The doctors who treated me said it was a psychogenic reaction probably caused by some incidents of racist prejudice shown by some university staff. I requested the university to permit me to do doctorate directly under the exemption rules cited above, since I could take oral examination. I was forcibly  exmatriculated  from the university on the ground of long illness whose end was not foreseeable.

The University misrepresented some incidents so that the Govt.Doctor concluded that I am a psychiatric case. I underwent the humiliating experience of staying in the government psychiatric hospital for a week to prove that I am neither insane nor an addict.  Prof.Dr.Spiegelberg not only faulted the government doctor's report but also subtly hinted that the University is to be blamed. One would think such things happened in a fascist regime.

Why this discrimination between Indians and the British? British Universities treat Indian degrees as equal to their own. But Germans treat us as inferior! This is nothing but racism. How could the university judge my qualificational equivalence after refusing to examine me orally?”

Please visit the link below to read further: Google Sites

3 comments:

  1. They also relegate Canadian and American university degrees as "inferior," which by all accounts doesn't make any sense. American, Canadian, and British universities turn out brilliant and competent individuals. Their research output and rankings say it all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete